Monday, October 20, 2008

PeePee Par-tee

Yeah, I know kinda graphic title.
It's been a graphic week. First, we're not potty training Caedmon right now, he's not close to wanting to do it, we don't want to do it until he does, I'm not interested in changing his clothes all day. With that said: Caedmon has THE cutest pairs of undies (boys do NOT wear panties, I've been informed) from Scotland. They're so little and cute that the other night I couldn't resist and I put him in a pair. He LOVED them! He could scratch and run and jump and not have a diaper on...he loved it. He'd just gone potty, so there was no danger, and we got them off him after about 45 minutes. Fine- no harm done.
However, the next day Caedmon was wanting to experience his freedom once again. So against my better judgment I let him. Long story short, he pee peed all over the bathroom floor. Ahhh, I had to set him on his toilet seat to keep him out of the way so I could clean (and if you know me disinfect/sanitize/anti-bacteria-the-heck-outta-the-floor). Then I decided to just throw him into the tub. I did get my choreography finished for our kids performing arts class that night, during that time.
THEN...Saturday morning at 5:30 am someone is saying, "Momma?" to me while I'm dead asleep. I somehow roll over and get him wedged between Mark and I. Great, except after a blessed 5 minutes of sleepy snuggling, he sits up and says, "PeePee." I told him I wasn't going to get up and change his diaper that early, he'd just have to wait. Then him saying that made me realize I REALLY needed to make a trip to the little girls room (refer to post below). When I got in there I grabbed my nightgown only to discover it was soaking wet! I did what any sane person would do and start feeling around to see if I'D somehow wet the bed, then it all came together...
Yes, he peed our bed. Yes, he got it all over my (favorite) nightgown. Yes, Mark had it all over his back. YES, we still love that little guy!!! We changed (ok, Mark did it) him, put him to (his) bed, put new sheets on our bed, and we all slept another hour and a half.
Fun, fun.

Oh, and we* carved a pumpkin. That was fun. It's Pablo from the Backyardigans FIY.

*If by "we" I mean mommy drew a face on then got bored and made caramel apples; Caedmon got grossed out by the stringy-slimy stuff in the pumpkin and decided to taste test caramel apples; daddy gets out a power tool to get the job done right and he does it himself.

3 comments:

Marylou said...

Fun times! LOL It is just beginning! How cute can one little guy be while causing such problems for his parents? I love reading about my kids with their kids....

Kristi Eileen said...

Sounds like somebody is actually getting ready to potty train... Don't you just love pee on your pj's from the little ones?

Nicole said...

Completely. He is aware, that pretty much means it is time. And so sorry to inform you, he will never go straight from diapers to peelessness...there will be the pee on the floor days to go through...But the good thing is, he likes his "undies" and if you can stand to let him wear them around the house, he will potty train faster because the accidents don't feel as nice in those as in a snuggly lil diaper. Unless he is like my daughter, who wears her "panties", misses a little in them and goes to her room and changes them WITHOUT TELLING ME! and then I find lovely wet panties here and there...oh, brother! I think this is the worst stage because she is not really potty trained but too independent (bull-headed) to let me help her train anymore! I guess she will get it soon enough...