Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekend Fun, Weekday Woe

Ok so I'm back! I brought with me one heck of a cold, but I think I just was working too much for my body to catch up on being healthy this weekend! I played many roles including (but not limited to) cake decorator, floral arranger, photographer, and assistant to the bride! HA- but I love my Shelbs (my cousin, the bride) so it was a joy. There are definately some lessons learned in the cake, and so next time I'll be more even on my arches, points, etc. But I was pleased if people didn't look too close! Here you go:
The flower arranging was my favorite part!

Stage 1 of set up on site
Almost done...
Finished!
With our lovely Explorer in the background (sorry!)
Shelby and Josh cutting the cake (if you look close you'll see the hundreds of gnats that flew into the frosting and got stuck! AHHH- but I didn't care, we just told people to pick them out--the price you pay for an outside wedding!)Aftermath- the second layer chocolate was gone! This layer was butter pecan- yum!

A couple of my favorite pictures I took and made sepia...
We call this one Shelby's "Estee Lauder" picture
And to finish it off, our sweet boy, Caedmon (left) with his second cousin, Tanner on Great Grandpa's tractor!
I may be posting again soon as a big event is happening today around our area. It's called their moving our house! Not the one we're living in, but the one ruined by the Great Flood of '07. I'm SO sad, I don't want to see it done, I LOVE that house. Not that I'm not grateful for the house we have now, but to those who have been to both there's just no comparison! To make things worse we can see all what's being done because the house's are separated by just an alley! Here are the pictures of our first home here on Cedar, and our current home on Summit:

Our beautiful first home:
Our current home (but it looks a lot better now, because my flower beds are in bloom!)

9 comments:

natalie said...

what?! you freaking got to be kidding me!! You made that cake?! that's absolutely amazing! I'd say I'm impressed, but not really since I knew it would be great w/ you doing it!
And I love your first house, but your current one is so cute!! all home-y and cottage-y! I love it!
Hey, not because I'm copying you, but b/c we have the addison airport right down the street from our house so Eli absolutely LOVES airplanes...he'll stay outside all day watching them fly. So we're going to do airplane theme for his b-day. I'm going to be the crazy mom who isn't crafty, but wants to pretend she is, so I'm going to do his invites and cake--so any suggestions, websites, ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated!!

Marylou said...

This is so wierd; I teared up as I scrolled down and saw your old house.... I did love it too. The cake was beautiful! and the flowers too. Sorry about your cold I had one this last week too! Looking forward to coming on the 4th (not sure if we will come early I will let Pappa let you know he makes those desisions as you surely know!

Marylou said...

OOPS! *decisions

Kristi Eileen said...

WOW!That cake looks good enough to eat LOL! It was beautiful!

Mandy said...

Beautiful cake Jordan! If I ever get remarried I'll definitely have to have you do the cake! (Just kidding obviously).

Chandra said...

BEAUTIFUL cake Jordan. I am not surprised in the least. You are so very talented.

Nicole said...

oh, my goodness, Jordan! I know everyone has already said it, but that's beautiful!!!
Remind me of this in about 20 yrs, hint, hint...I may eventually have a daughter getting married!

Kristi Eileen said...

add on to Nicoles.. remind me in 20yrs too... I may be getting married by then. How fun Caiah and I can have a double wedding!

Marylou said...

LOL you are so funny Kristi!